Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dawn Direct Foam

Has anyone else tried this?

We got a free sample in the mail a couple weeks ago. I have no idea how I got it because I don't remember requesting it, but it is a full sized bottle of Dawn Direct Foam and it included a big sponge. The idea behind this product is that you don't need to fill your sink full of water to wash dishes. They tell you to wet the sponge, put one squirt of the dish soap on the sponge and wash your dishes under running water.

Now, I've been doing this for years when I only have a few dishes, and my husband hates it when I do that! He says that I don't get the dishes clean enough without filling the whole sink. I totally disagree. I think it's worse to fill a whole sink full of water and let all the food particles land on the other dishes! When I wash them individually, with soap and a sponge under running water, my dishes feel and look cleaner.

So, when we got this sample and he read the directions, HE started using it that way too! Of course, how often does he do dishes lol! But at least now he doesn't roll his eyes when he sees me doing it!

The sponge they sent with it is way too big... it won't even fit in my glasses, so I just use a smaller sponge. You pump one squirt onto the sponge and it washes a lot of dishes! When there's not soap left on the sponge, you give it another squirt.

I will definitely buy some whenever this bottle runs out. We've been trying to cut back on electricity so we aren't running our dishwasher unless we have a big dinner and have lots of dishes.

Anyone else tried it yet?

No comments: