Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Choosing the right lamp....

We finally got new carpet in the living room!!! I am soooo excited! I was dreading putting up the Christmas decorations because the carpet looked so bad. The new carpet is blue with a little bit of gray and white. We're hoping that will help hide the white dog hairs! lol! Unfortunately, the new carpet makes the rest of the furniture look even worse than before! lol!

So, now I'm on the search for just the right lamp for beside my chair. I found a site called Farrey's.com that has a huge selection of lamps that include floor lamps as well as table lamps, reading lamps and even piano lamps! I'm pretty impressed with their large selection and pricing.

The floor lamp that I like best is brushed nickel and has two lights. That way, I can use the lamp when I'm reading, and the other can be turned toward Frank's chair. If I wanted to go a bit fancier, they have a big selection of Tiffany lamps as well.

I also have been looking at their desk lamps. I have my computer in the Dining Room and the ceiling light sometimes is just not bright enough. I need one that will clip onto the top of my desk and they have several to choose from. I have a birthday coming up in March.... this might be a good birthday present idea! lol!

Now, how about those drapes..... that's another post at a later date! lol!

No comments: