Saturday, March 22, 2008

May be moving!

Don't get scared, it's not us! lol! A good friend of mine called me yesterday to tell me that her husband's company may be relocating. They haven't made an official announcement yet, but the rumors are going around like crazy. She is scared to death. She does not want to move, but if they don't, then he'll have to find a new job. I feel so bad for them.

When Frank and I got married 21 years ago, I didn't have a problem at all with moving to Warren, and I lived very happily there for 8 years! But once the kids arrived, it was harder and harder finding the time to come home to Blairsville.... so when Frank had the chance to work in Greensburg, we jumped at the chance to move 'back home'.

If we were to ever have to move again, and if we had to move into an area that I was not familiar with, I think I would look into homes for rent, just like we did when we moved back to Blairsville. It's nice to rent for a little bit before you buy in an area you aren't familiar with, so that you don't find out later that you're in a not-so-good neighborhood!

Another thing I would definitely do is to get movers to help us move instead of doing it all ourselves! What a lot of work! We've moved three times in our marriage and always had family and friends to help us... but I have to admit, we're all getting older! lol! It wouldn't be as easy to find friends to help, so hiring movers would be a good idea ;)

Something else to think about would to possibly look into REO Foreclosures when looking to buy a new home. These are real estate owned listings of foreclosed homes. Big money can be saved when you're looking at a foreclosed home.

But, we don't plan on going anywhere. We plan to stay exactly where we are. I'll pass this information on to our friend, just in case they do decide to move...

No comments: