Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Time to get fit!


I've let myself go over the last two years. I was doing really well maintaining my weight for the 4 years before that, but slowly the weight has gone up and up, till I've gained almost 20 pounds since then. Soooo, I've started a local Biggest Loser Challenge for my town. It's an online contest and I started it through Facebook. So far, 19 people have joined! Which is a lot more than I had thought would! I'm not sure how many will actually participate, but I'm very excited to have other women to help motivate me and to share ideas with.

My daughter Jillian is going to be my "Jillian Michaels" from The Biggest Loser show. She is determined to help me get in shape, so she has me on a nightly exercise routine. We start out with a yoga series to warm up. Then we do this Fitness Routine that is supposed to be repeated 3-5 times. Well, we started it last night and I made it twice. I made it twice again tonight, but I think I did much better tonight than I did last night. Tomorrow, she says I'm going for 3 times. ;) She is a tough trainer! We finish with the same yoga series to cool down.

I'm also doing a Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds" every morning before work. I did the Walk and Kick one today, which is a 30 minute work out. So, for today, I did 1 hour of working out!

Anyone local to Blairsville that would like to join me, just let me know! I'd love to have you!

No comments: