Thursday, July 10, 2008

Anniversary Trip!


Our 22nd Anniversary is coming up August 2nd. Frank and I have been trying to get away for a couple of days every year on our Anniversary and luckily, it always seems to fall the week that the girls are at church camp! Yeah!

So, we've been trying to come up with ideas on where to go. Because of the high price of gas, we weren't sure we wanted to go very far this year. Two years ago, for our 20th, we went to Gatlinburg, TN. We rented a cabin for the whole week and did a lot of sightseeing in the area. We loved it! It was a great trip. Last year, we just went up to our camp in Titusville for a few extra days. But this year, I'd like to go someplace special...

I found a great site called hotelscombined.com that allows you to type in the dates of your trip and where you'd like to go and they will come up with a huge list of hotels with pictures and prices! I typed in Orlando, just to see what would come up, and they had 42 pages of hotels!

Since we want to be closer to home, I thought I'd check out Pittsburgh. I was able to refine my search to our price range and it still came up with 4 pages of choices!

We're also thinking of staying in a Bed and Breakfast instead of a hotel. I found a great site, called BedandBreakfast.com that offers the exact same service! This sure makes things a lot easier! They offered about 20 options for Bed and Breakfasts in Pittsburgh.

I also went to 10best.com to look up the best sightseeing spots in Pittsburgh. They suggested the Carnegie Science Center, Mt. Washington, Pittsburgh Zoo and the Aviary as well as others. We travel into Pittsburgh frequently for Becca's doctor appointments, and Frank goes in for work, but we very rarely actually just spend time sightseeing! This is a definite possibility.

I still have more searching to do. I'll post when I'm sure where we're going!

7 comments:

Online Hotels Booking said...

Anniversary trip is should almost like honeymoon and must be memorable.Good post and one must plan anniversary trip so that you can enjoy happily.

london accommodation

Jack Witson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David John said...

Anniversary trip should always be romantic.Good post as provides you great idea of where and how to plan about your anniversary trip.

singapore limousine

John Phillips said...

My anniversary is also near and I think Pittsburgh will be a good place to visit then. You have really shared good information at right time.On returning from there I will share my experiences with you.

car hire

MySpainHolidays said...

Anniversary trip is in my eyes a thanks giving trip to partner .I am inspired with the concept and I will soon go on such anniversary trip which is on next month.
cheap hotels in Valencia

Jack Witson said...

thanks for sharing it with people. I really appreciate with what you have written on this blog about anniversary trip.
bus to Penang

Online Hotels Booking said...

You will enjoy the anniversary trip that is described here. Very enjoyable

Online Hotels Booking