Thursday, August 30, 2007

Band Night at the Fair!

Wow, they were awesome!!! Who, you may ask? The Blairsville Bobcat Marching Band, of course!

Our band participated in the annual Band Night at the Indiana County Fair on Tuesday night and they sounded and looked amazing! They are 95 members strong this year with my Jillian being one of about 7 flute players. And, my nephew Kenny is the Drum Major this year! I am so proud of him! He did a wonderful job!

Here he is directing...

I took tons of pictures, but by the time we played it was getting dark and they didn't turn out very well... I'll get a better one of Jilli next time...

Each band gets to perform their half time routine, one by one, and there were 12 bands in all. Then at the very end, they do two combined numbers and get all those kids onto the track and play.... They did an arrangement of Amazing Grace that gave me goosebumps! It was beautiful! Then they did American's We, a march.

I'm so proud of our band!

1 comment:

Marti said...

I hope you and your family have a fabulous Labor Day weekend!